VP of Engineering
Flipside Crypto is looking for a VP of Engineering to manage, shape and scale the engineering organization in its next phase of rapid growth.
As the VP of Engineering you will manage a diverse group of engineers with extensive experience across data pipelining, distributed databases and at-scale web applications. You will also work with product leadership, playing an active role in roadmap planning and the development of quarterly implementation plans. Day-to-day you will support engineering team leads by mentoring and guiding them in the accurate breakdown and execution of product requirements. You will also refine team-wide processes, and minimize dependencies between Flipside’s expanding suite of products.
In this role you will:
- Oversee and manage all engineering teams: data platform team, devops and feature engineering pods.
- Work closely with the Director of Product to define product requirements, own implementation plans, and deliver on quarterly product roadmaps.
- Set the standard for sprint processes across engineering teams. This includes developing processes for breaking down work, developing estimates and ensuring the timely completion of multiple complex, independent projects.
- Ensure the reliability and up-time of Flipside’s core infrastructure, services and products to meet SLAs.
- Develop processes for QA, that ensure the integrity of Flipside’s products and data.
- Guide the engineering team in developing technical strategies that will enable Flipside’s products to scale in a repeatable fashion across our customer base.
- Recruit, mentor, and lead a team of engineering managers and individual contributors.
- Develop and lead the professional development and career progression strategy for our Engineering team.
- Report directly to the COO.
- People: you see the potential of what can be created when a talented team of engineers come together, and you are relentless and passionate about building these teams.
- You have experience managing a team of 30+ engineers. You also have the capacity to mentor individual engineers in their career growth and map that to the roadmap of the organization.
- Planning & Delivery: you have extensive experience working alongside product managers in an agile manner to ensure the reliable planning, estimation and prioritization of new product features, in addition to the active management of a backlog, and customer reported issues. You know how to empower the engineering team to achieve their goals in a cross functional and timely sprint process.
- You are able to wade through chaos, deliver in a fast-paced environment, and re-prioritize work when necessary.
- You recognize that there isn’t always one perfect solution to a problem and you provide your team with the room to take ownership to run with an idea. You also know when to jump in, and course correct.
- Product: you optimize for building and shipping product quickly. You foster a culture that constantly ships new features in an iterative fashion in order to gather customer feedback early. You also ensure the speed and reliability of the product by creating a culture of operational excellence through real-time alerting and monitoring, and processes for trouble-shooting issues as they arise.
- You understand the life-cycle of data across the stack, from raw unstructured data, to its ultimate presentation in a front-end customer-facing product.
- You aren’t afraid to roll up your sleeves and be “hands on” as needed. While you won’t be coding every day, you should be able to assist and solve problems as they arise.
- You work relentlessly towards your goals, and care a great deal about building quality products with a talented, authentic team.
Flipside Crypto empowers crypto communities to create and share data-driven insights on the projects they care most about. Flipside powers Community-Enabled Analytics, which uses a bounty program to incentivize on-demand insights based on feedback from the protocol and community participants. CEA provides fully pre-modeled and labeled data, a SQL interface for data queries. Community members can use our dashboard and visualization tools to easily share insights, or leverage auto-generated API endpoints to build whatever they can imagine.
Flipside customers include FLOW, NEAR, Terra, Algorand, Aave, Compound, Alchemix and many others. Flipside Crypto is led by a team of experienced technology entrepreneurs with multiple exits; it’s backed by Galaxy Digital Ventures, True Ventures, Founder Collective, Coinbase Ventures, Digital Currency Group, Avon Ventures (a venture capital fund affiliated with FMR LLC, the parent company of Fidelity Investments) and other investors.