Senior Data Analyst
The Data Analytics Team at Flipside Crypto is looking for a Senior Data Analyst to help us build out our suite of analytics products.
As a Senior Data Analyst at Flipside Crypto, you will serve in a highly cross functional role and be responsible for creating detailed analytics product specifications and metric definitions for customers, as well as partnering with engineering and data science teams to deliver reports, data models and data visualizations.
As a Senior Data Analyst at Flipside Crypto, you will:
- Write SQL or other querying code to extract and manipulate data from database systems to create reports and data visualizations using proprietary Flipside applications
- Partner with Product and Data Science to design and define analytics product specifications
- Create compelling data visualizations that convey clear insights to users
- Ensure accuracy of data results and analytic methods through testing and validation of underlying report data and coordinate closely with Data Product on issue resolution
- Learn about the top Blockchains and Protocols in order to model a data framework needed to do proper analysis of their use cases.
- Become an expert on customer blockchain projects and serve as the main point of contact for data questions as well as mentor other analysts
- Help build data models that are in line with analytics product specifications in Python and in SQL
- Work with Blockchain Communities on Discord in order to gather insights as well as give support
- Mentor more junior analysts on the team for learning and guidance on best practices
You are a fit if:
- You possess a strong analytical background that includes 7+ years of experience working with complex data sets
- You are have experience working with and are a subject matter expert with Blockchain Data
- You are comfortable creating your own intermediary tables and thrive in ambiguity
- You have experience with creating data visualizations to convey meaning to customers and telling a compelling narrative
- You are self directed and capable of driving projects forward to meet deadlines
- You have great communication skills (verbal and written) and are able to present your ideas to a wide audience
- You have a strong background in writing SQL (Snowflake)
- Are familiar using ETL pipelining tools like DBT
- You have an analytical mindset with a great statistics background
- You have some programming experience with Python
Flipside Crypto empowers crypto communities to create and share data-driven insights on the projects they care most about. Flipside powers Community-Enabled Analytics, which uses a bounty program to incentivize on-demand insights based on feedback from the protocol and community participants. CEA provides fully pre-modeled and labeled data, a SQL interface for data queries. Community members can use our dashboard and visualization tools to easily share insights, or leverage auto-generated API endpoints to build whatever they can imagine.
Flipside customers include FLOW, NEAR, Terra, Algorand, CELO, Compound, Alchemix and many others. Flipside Crypto is led by a team of experienced technology entrepreneurs with multiple exits; it’s backed by Galaxy Digital Ventures, True Ventures, Founder Collective, Coinbase Ventures, Digital Currency Group, Avon Ventures (a venture capital fund affiliated with FMR LLC, the parent company of Fidelity Investments) and other investors.