Flipside Crypto is a rapidly-scaling startup in the web3 ecosystem, which means we assess, decide and adapt our business at a rapid pace. We are adding a Digital Treasury Manager to our team to handle some of our most complicated finance priorities related to our digital and fiat assets.
This is an exciting, high priority new role, where you will have the opportunity to tackle future-facing problems in finance. The successful candidate will have experience managing financial processes and operations in tech and software, and must have a deep understanding of crypto, web3, and digital assets, including experience trading, swapping, and operating within the digital asset space. If you are an experienced asset manager or crypto finance professional who isn't afraid to roll up your sleeves and are excited to make a massive impact in a market with enormous potential, this opportunity is for you.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer and as part of a small, entrepreneurial team you will work closely with members of the entire Flipside organization to leverage your full range of strategic, financial, analytical and creative skills to achieve our business goals.
- Manage, grow, and evolve Flipsides' treasury discipline, with includes an expanding portfolio of L1 tokens, protocol tokens, stablecoins, and fiat currencies
- With the CFO, prepare strategic views on how to optimize our digital asset returns, balanced with the need to keep enough tokens to pay out in our bounty programs
- Take the lead in maintaining monthly reports, treasury proposals, updates, and other communication documentation with Flipside’s treasury committee; the CFO sits on the committee but you will attend meetings with the CFO and help manage relevant treasury workstreams
- Build and strengthen the tracking, analyzing and reporting on treasury KPIs and insights for both internal and external stakeholders
- With the CFO, evolve and strengthen our digital asset key management security protocols
- With the CFO, build discipline and process related to managing tokens launched by DAOs that have relationships with Flipside, with the first being MetricsDAO
- Support all efforts related to financial due diligence, finance Board decks and other communications with investors
- A variety of other ad-hoc projects and analyses, as needed by the CFO and other exec team members
- Experience transacting, swapping, trading, and in other ways, running activities in the web3 / digital asset / crypto space and a willingness to keep learning on a daily basis.
- 5+ years experience in financial markets, treasury work, asset management, and/or cash management. Experience in banking, consulting, or corporate finance functions are helpful.
- High comfort with building and managing digital asset security keys and multi-signature protocols for different assets across multiple chains and wallet types.
- Experience evaluating and selecting software and tooling for treasury and cash management purposes, especially for digital assets.
- Experience preparing materials for and presenting to board members, investors, bankers, and other institutional partners and external stakeholders.
- Working perspectives on DAOs, tokenomics, and related topics from a financial management perspective.
- Proficiency in Excel, SQL, and other analytical tools such as data visualization software such as Tableau; comfort in drawing conclusions from data and making recommendations based on imperfect information.
- High degree of comfort navigating ambiguity and a very fast paced environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with the ability to leverage data from a multitude of sources to tell a persuasive story, tailor communication style based on the audience, and influence others in both verbal and written mediums.
- “Get stuff done” attitude – willingness to roll up your sleeves and engage deeply with all sorts of stakeholders across multiple teams and agendas, to accomplish what needs to be done.
- We welcome all qualified persons to apply regardless of race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
Flipside Crypto empowers crypto communities to create and share data-driven insights on the projects they care most about. Flipside powers Community-Enabled Analytics, which uses a bounty program to incentivize on-demand insights based on feedback from the protocol and community participants. CEA provides fully pre-modeled and labeled data, a SQL interface for data queries. Community members can use our dashboard and visualization tools to easily share insights, or leverage auto-generated API endpoints to build whatever they can imagine.
Flipside partners include Sushi, Terra, Solana, THORChain, NEAR, Algorand, and many others. Flipside Crypto is led by a team of experienced technology entrepreneurs with multiple exits; it’s backed by Galaxy Digital Ventures, True Ventures, Founder Collective, Coinbase Ventures, Digital Currency Group, Avon Ventures, and others.