Engineering Team Lead
The engineering team at Flipside Crypto is looking for an Engineering Team Lead to help us build out our suite of analytics products.
As an Engineering Team Lead at Flipside Crypto, you will be responsible for leading a full-stack product engineering team building out the tools and features that the world’s leading blockchains use to convert complex blockchain data into actionable insights.
Our engineering team has extensive expertise across data pipelining, distributed databases, at-scale web-applications, large-scale front-end applications and data visualizations. We work relentlessly towards our goals, and care a great deal about building quality products with a talented, authentic team.
As an Engineering Team Lead at Flipside Crypto you will:
- Manage a team of 4-6 full-stack engineers as a player/coach, providing mentorship, support, and growth.
- Lead and scope large technical projects, from planning to execution to delivery.
- Manage the sprint process, including refinement, planning, stand-ups and retros for a team of full-stack engineers.
- Help the team exceed their goals and potential, connecting their work to the impact it has on the business and customers.
- Scrutinize and arbitrate technology/architecture choices as we build out our products - you will often be the decider of these choices.
- Manage the uptime and health of the products you develop.
- Directly contribute to the front-end and API backend by writing code, and setting the standard for how great software should be developed at Flipside.
You are a fit if:
- You possess a strong technical background that includes 8+ years of experience working as a full stack engineer with system architecture experience.
- You have previously served as an engineering manager or technical lead, and owned a technical roadmap.
- You are excited to be a generalist and willing to do whatever it takes to solve problems and delight users.
- You have development experience building, running and debugging front-end applications leveraging modern tools, such as React, Typescript and NextJS.
- You have experience developing Rest or GraphQL APIs.
- You have experience modeling complex real world scenarios.
- You have extensive experience working with backend data stores, such as Postgres and Redis at scale.
- You have a high bar for the quality of the user experience, the quality of code and ultimately an attention to detail.
- You are comfortable with the command line, and are not afraid to get your hands dirty with infrastructure and ops when required.
- You are capable of glueing together different services and tools, even if you haven’t previously worked with them.
- You have worked with product teams in an agile sprint based manner.
- You are relentless when tasked with solving hairy technical challenges.
Blockchain technology is often uncharted territory, but if you're comfortable applying your skills in unknown problem spaces, and excited by the idea of creating the standards of tomorrow, you'll fit right in.
Flipside Crypto empowers crypto communities to create and share data-driven insights on the projects they care most about. Flipside powers Community-Enabled Analytics, which uses a bounty program to incentivize on-demand insights based on feedback from the protocol and community participants. CEA provides fully pre-modeled and labeled data, a SQL interface for data queries. Community members can use our dashboard and visualization tools to easily share insights, or leverage auto-generated API endpoints to build whatever they can imagine.
Flipside customers include FLOW, NEAR, Terra, Algorand, CELO, Compound, Alchemix and many others. Flipside Crypto is led by a team of experienced technology entrepreneurs with multiple exits; it’s backed by Galaxy Digital Ventures, True Ventures, Founder Collective, Coinbase Ventures, Digital Currency Group, Avon Ventures (a venture capital fund affiliated with FMR LLC, the parent company of Fidelity Investments) and other investors.