Head of Finance
As our Head of Finance, you will work closely with the CEO and Leadership team to manage day-to-day business execution, as well as lead strategic, cross-functional projects to accelerate company growth. You will be a key stakeholder and thought leader to support senior leaders in every area of the business in what will be a highly visible and impactful role.
More specifically, this role will oversee all “traditional” business and finance activities, including management of accounting, audit, tax, financial reporting, forecasting, budgeting and planning. Additionally, this role will be responsible for crypto related activities, primarily treasury management, which includes oversight of the company’s digital asset portfolio, yield optimization strategies, and liquidity needs. You will have a team to manage and help execute on all functions.
The ideal candidate has a strong finance & business operations background, experience at a high-growth startup, and experience in the crypto industry. Candidates without crypto / blockchain expertise are welcome to apply - we will be looking for candidates who recognize and run towards the daunting challenge of learning a very complex ecosystem.
As a Head of Finance at Flipside Crypto, you will
- Manage and oversee a small team of accounting and finance professionals, responsible for day-to-day financial operations (payroll, accounting, etc), as well as ensuring accurate and timely reporting of financial results and business performance
- Own and drive strategic planning processes to align key company initiatives with resource investments
- Track, monitor and report on the performance of the business and provide detailed financial forecasts with actionable insights for internal and external stakeholders (Board)
- Oversee and develop strategies to optimize returns on an expansive digital asset portfolio; report on results and outcomes routinely to Leadership
- Work closely with the Company’s Treasury Committee, offshore subsidiary Board of Directors, and OTC trading desks to both maximize outcomes and ensure full compliance pertaining to digital asset activities
- Help develop and implement processes, systems and frameworks that enable scaling of operations for a company experiencing hyper growth
- Provide leadership and support across a variety of strategic company initiatives, which spans activities such as bounty program execution to assisting with governance proposals for large grants
- Liaise with outside vendors (such as audit and legal) to navigate and solve unique business problems pertaining to digital asset accounting and reporting standards
- Serve as an internal thought leader to key decision makers, with specific focus on monetization strategies and optimizing the business for growth
You are a fit if
- You have 10-15+ years of corporate finance and accounting experience
- You have experience (or have a great interest) in blockchain & cryptocurrencies
- You are able to move seamlessly from big picture thinking to more operational tactics
- You are entrepreneurial and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with the ability to thrive under minimal guidance
- You are willing to “roll up the sleeves,” dive in, and figure things out - without having to solely rely on a team for execution
- You are able to distill and communicate complicated topics broadly to leadership and board members in a succinct manner
- You have experience building and managing complex financial models, and designing/executing against large data sets to deliver internal business intelligence
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit; are comfortable with ambiguity, able to take charge and get things done despite many unknowns
Flipside Crypto empowers crypto communities to create and share data-driven insights on the projects they care most about. Flipside powers Community-Enabled Analytics, which uses a bounty program to incentivize on-demand insights based on feedback from the protocol and community participants. CEA provides fully pre-modeled and labeled data, a SQL interface for data queries. Community members can use our dashboard and visualization tools to easily share insights, or leverage auto-generated API endpoints to build whatever they can imagine.
Flipside customers include FLOW, Terra, Algorand, Compound, AAVE, Uniswap and many others. Flipside Crypto is led by a team of experienced technology entrepreneurs with multiple exits; it’s backed by Galaxy Digital Ventures, True Ventures, Founder Collective, Coinbase Ventures, Digital Currency Group, Avon Ventures (a venture capital fund affiliated with FMR LLC, the parent company of Fidelity Investments) and other investors.